Pages

Monday 1 May 2017

Why a Personal Recipe Makes Online Marketing Taste Great

cook_485.jpg

What makes your marketing approach different - unique? Really, can you define the tactics that set you apart? Maybe it all comes down to the ingredients and technique.
There are some great restaurants that sell some awesome food. Well, at least some of the time. I can go to one steak house and spend close to fifty dollars on a meal that I will talk about for days, but the next time I visit I may not be entirely sure I ever want to come back.
I'm sure they started out with great cuts of quality meat. I'm thinking they have some quality seasonings. I might even be able to admit the food smelled really good, but in the end it was dry and cold. No one left satisfied.
On my grill out back I can hand select the exact cut of beef I like from a meat market I trust. I can use marinade and seasonings that bring out bold flavor and exceptional taste. I can wrap veggies in an aluminum bag and create a feast that tastes better, costs less and satisfies more.
This is the strategy you might want to take with your online marketing. Find exceptional ingredients and learn techniques to 'cook' those ingredients well and allow the world to sample your masterpiece. Your marketing strategies may not fit a cookie cutter mentality. Then again good marketing isn't always about following the crowd, but defining the need and meeting it is what it's all about.
If you have a superior product or service you could ask an expert to come in and devise a rather standard and tasty marketing plan to satisfy your objectives - or - you could pull together ingredients that you believe compliment the marketing motivation and develop your own business 'stew'.
Of course this means you need to have some idea what those ingredients are. If you don't then maybe you might be better off dining out. After all, I had to learn the skills of both grilling and marketing. There were moments of trial and error and I had questions along the way.
Successful marketing doesn't have to work like your competition - it just has to work. It doesn't need to be homogenized and fortified with marketing vitamins to taste great. This is where many can misunderstand the approach.
Use the tools you have and create something great with what you can deliver. There are lots of different tools involved in online marketing find a few that work for your situation and push forward - alone if you have to.
Connect with your potential customers to the best of your ability. Be the first on your server to try out something new. Be innovative and see how many follow. Learn new skills and integrate them into the marketing mix.
If you are willing to take a risk you may find that you fail miserably - or you may find that you are more successful than you thought possible. This is the value of marketing without a neatly crafted five-step plan of action.
By Scott Lindsay  |  Source

No comments:

Post a Comment